Things You Need to Know Before Recycling Your Old Car
Auto recycling comes with plenty of benefits that can also help you earn extra cash for your old car. Recycling ensures your old vehicle is properly disposed of and limits the car parts that usually end up in landfills. It also has a positive impact on the environment. Less energy is required in the production of new metals, which in turn reduces the amount of greenhouse gases released in the atmosphere. Look for an auto recycling company that is experienced in separating the toxic car fluids and recycling components like gasoline, batteries and tires. Count on A-1 Parts For Less LTD for environmentally friendly auto recycling in Calgary. We ensure our auto reprocessing limits the environmental impact and helps increase the number of recycled parts.
Four Things to Know Before Having Your Car Recycled
Recycling your car might seem overwhelming, which is why we’ve compiled this list of things to know to help you prepare your vehicle for recycling:
1. Understand the Documents Required
You are required to have a vehicle registration document (V5C), which is a vehicle logbook that proves the car to be recycled belongs to you and there are no unauthorized sales. The auto recycling company will run your old car’s VIN to check the details about the car’s make and model and its maintenance records. You will find the VIN in documents, including vehicle ownership, insurance and service records. Some tips to remember are:
· Make sure to cancel the insurance of your old car before recycling it
· Find out if you can reuse your old license plates for your new vehicle
· Check if you need to transfer the title of the car to the auto recycling company
· Make sure you are getting the certificate of destruction from the recycling company to know whether your car has been recycled or not
2. Make Sure the Recycling Company Complies With Environmental Standards
The Canadian Auto Recyclers Environmental Code (CAREC) helps to standardize the process for recycling end-of-life vehicles so that the auto recycling company disposes of hazardous materials properly. Research auto recycling companies based on reliability and their professional affiliations.
3. Know the Process of Auto Recycling
Almost all of the car parts (tires, batteries and radiators) can be recycled. Also, raw materials such as lead, aluminum and steel are recycled. Steps involved in the car recycling process are:
· Your car is inspected for reusable parts. Vehicle parts such as tires, batteries, alternators, windshields and headlights are dismantled and reused
· Hazardous materials such as refrigerants, lead-acid batteries and mercury switches are disposed of in a secure landfill to avoid contamination of soil
· After stripping the car of reusable and recycled parts, the remaining car body is crushed into a flat metal body
4. Know the Environmental and Social Benefits
Auto recycling contributes to reducing the demand for mining steel and metals such as lithium. Auto recycling can help recover such materials easily and effectively. In short, auto recycling helps save energy and has a positive impact on reducing landfills. Additionally, reusing used auto parts can be beneficial in saving costs on new auto parts. Drivers can also benefit from having access to inexpensive parts to get their vehicles repaired.
A-1 Parts For Less LTD provides reliable auto reprocessing to ensure each vehicle goes through a complete auto recycling process. We also offer affordable used truck and car parts of every make and model vehicle.
Contact us today for environmentally friendly auto recycling services.