Old Car Parts
Recycling has become a part of our everyday life with nearly all materials available to be recycled or reused in one way or another, and automobiles and their parts are no exception to this rule, and recycling them provides a number of benefits to the environment - and your wallet.
At A-1 Parts For Less, our automobile wrecking and recycling centre carries a wide variety of tires and parts in stock at our location in Calgary so you can save money and time with our used auto parts for cars, light trucks, and SUVs. Search our inventory using our online inventory search, and if not there, we will locate it using our state-of-the-art locating system anywhere it is across North America.
About 83 percent of an average car’s content by weight can be recycled. Environmentally and economically beneficial, recycling old cars and parts:
- Gets your higher polluting, older car off the road;
- Ensures your vehicle is recycled responsibly;
- Supports a truly “Green” industry; is
- Convenient; and is
Vehicles also contain hazardous materials such as mercury, lead, refrigerants, antifreeze, oils and gasoline and other fluids which must be carefully removed and responsibly managed. The Canadian Auto Recyclers Environmental Code (CAREC) was developed to help standardize the process for recycling end of life vehicles and protect our water, air and soil from the harmful materials contained therein. Choosing a responsible recycler like A-1 Parts For Less means these materials do not end up polluting our environment.
There are multiple environmental benefits of recycling auto parts:
- Nearly every automobile manufactured today has a frame that is constructed of recyclable steel.
- Recycling the fluids and materials found in old automobiles also drastically reduces the amount of waste in landfills and prevents dangerous chemicals from seeping into groundwater.
- Gasoline and diesel burning automobiles that are on the streets and highways of the world today are the largest contributors to greenhouse gases in the environment - recycling old, inefficient automobiles reduce the amount of these gases in the air.
- Automobile recycling reduces the number of rusty, unusable vehicles found in junkyards and landfills all over the world.
- Parts from wrecked and junk automobiles can be repaired and resold for later use; there are usually at least a dozen salvageable parts on any car after most accidents.
- Selling a used or wrecked car to a salvage yard puts money in your pocket and protects the environment for future generations.
That famous slogan, “Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle,” reminds everyone that reducing the amount of materials we use, reusing whatever we can, and to recycle. If you need parts for your truck or car, find recycled auto parts that will do the job just as well as new parts at A-1 Parts For Less in Calgary. As members of the Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council, the Alberta Automotive Recyclers and Dismantlers Association, and the Better Business Bureau you can trust A-1 Parts For Less to save you time and money on quality used vehicle parts.
If you have any questions about our brands and our auto parts, call A-1 Parts For Less at 403-280-8888 or toll free at 1-800-958-7555 today and our friendly, experienced and knowledgeable staff members will be happy to help you find the parts that you need for most import and domestic vehicles.